Tanzania welcomes tourists! The borders and ports of entry are open, many airlines offer several flights per week to Tanzania and our expert guides are looking forward to offer you an unforgettable safari. Most European countries removed Tanzania from the list of ‘high risk areas’, which makes the journey easier. Due to the ongoing Pandemic there a still some additional requirements for visitors entering Tanzania (updated as per TRAVEL ADVISORY NO. 10 OF 16TH MARCH, 2022 | Ministry of Health):
All travelers including Tanzanians, returning residents and members of the crew layovers are required to truthfully fill in an online Traveler’s Health Surveillance Form available at https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/ for Tanzania mainland[temporarily suspended] (Zanzibar: Health Surveillance Form)
- Travelers entering United Republic of Tanzania who are fully vaccinated, will be exempted from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Test requirements. Travelers will be required to present a valid vaccination certificate with QR code for verification upon arrival. The only accepted vaccines are those which have been approved by the URT and the World Health Organization.
- Travelers entering the United Republic of Tanzania who are not fully vaccinated, unvaccinated and those not eligible for vaccination due to their country policy will be required to present a negative COVID-19 RT- PCR or NAATs certificate with QR code obtained within 72 hours before departure. If travelers originate from countries listed at https://www.moh.go.tz or Points of Entry will be tested for COVID 19 upon arrival using a Rapid Antigen Test at their own cost of 10 USD (TZS 23,000) for Tanzania Mainland (This does not apply to fully vaccinated passengers travelling to Julius Nyerere International Airport or Kilimanjaro International Airport). If found positive they will be tested with RT- PCR for confirmation, allowed to self-isolate and the results will be sent via email or any other means.
- Children aged 5 years and below will be exempted from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests requirements.
COVID-19 PCR Test within Tanzania
If you need a COVID-19 PCR test upon departure from Tanzania (subject to regulations of your destination country and/or airline) you will be able to test in the following locations: Arusha | Moshi | Karatu | Central Serengeti | Northern Serengeti | Musoma | Mwanza | Dar es Salaam | Zanzibar Please follow this procedure for your COVID-19 PCR (Corona) Test in Tanzania:
- All tests have to be pre-booked online
- You will have to pay for the test locally (our guides are happy to assist you). Alternatively, upon receipt of the booking confirmation and respective Government Control Number you can process payment at the nearest NMB Bank or via mobile money
- In addition to the government fees, a certain amount will be collected as a service charge by a sample collection center.
For additional information regarding COVID-19 PCR (Corona) country or airline requirements, restrictions and regulations Tanzania Experts recommends traveldoc.aero and iatatravelcentre.com. You can also get travel advice from your respective foreign ministries European Union, United States, United Kingdom. © Photos Tanzania Experts, Marco Verch (flickr)